Thank you for your interest
in Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects.
Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects, a growing architectural firm with offices in Yarmouthport & Plymouth, seeks FT administrative assistant/receptionist in our Yarmouthport office to support a busy practice, as as well as a FT Architectural CAD Technician that works on a wide range of commercial, civic, and residential projects.
The person selected for this position will provide a wide range of technical architectural support work for various commercial, municipal and residential projects. This position may be located in either our Plymouth or Yarmouthport office. We consider this a growth opportunity for the right individual.
Education & Experience
- Degree from architectural program
- Minimum 1-3 years experience desired.
- High energy multi-tasking individual who will work on multiple project teams simultaneously and in a collaborative manner
- Work cooperatively with Principals, Project Managers and outside subconsultants
- Work independently for sustained periods of time in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Autodesk Revit, SketchUp & Photoshop proficiency
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- High degree of technical understanding of building assemblies and detailing for wood and steel framed buildings
Basic Job Responsibilities
Subject to adjustment based upon firm work load and individual capabilities:
- Prepare conceptual, schematic and presentation level 2D and 3D design drawings in conjunction with Project Architect / Project Manager in Revit, SketchUp or Auto-CAD formats
- Prepare design development & construction drawings across all project sectors
- Field measure and preparation of existing conditions drawings
- Meet with prospective clients in conjunction with Principals or Project Architects and support overall marketing activities (e.g. interview preparation/graphic support)
- Prepare Space Use Tables in Excel spreadsheet format
- Prepare written project-specific correspondence including meeting memoranda and distribute to project team
- Prepare Zoning Use Summary Tables
- Begin to review and understand local zoning by-laws and permitting processes and how they may apply to a specific project including Site Plan Review Committees (commercial work), Historic Committees, Boards of Health, Planning Boards etc.
- In conjunction with Principal, assist with preparation of applications to local regulatory agencies and attend public hearings to provide presentation support
- Attend regular coordination meetings with outside consultants (civil, structural, M/E/P, etc.)
- Maintain regular communication with in-house Project Managers, client(s), contractors, etc.
- Conduct product specific research, obtain samples and specification data to assist Project Architect
- Assist with bidding process or contractor selection
- Assist with construction administration activities (i.e. attend site meetings, distribute submittals, prepare and issue sketch clarifications)
- Attend and represent firm with Project Architect at construction meetings as requested
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package including paid time off, health insurance,
and 401k retirement plan. Please submit letter of interest, resume, and work samples (if appropriate) in PDF format to: Kate@CapeArchitects.com
We are always interested in meeting talented people who share our interests and passion. Please feel free to submit your information below (along with a PDF or Word doc resume) and we'll keep it on file in the event that a position matching your qualifications becomes available.