Thank you for your interest in Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects.
Job Description: Interior Designer
Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects, a growing architectural firm with offices in Yarmouthport & Plymouth, seeks a Full Time in-house Interior Designer to support a wide range of commercial and residential projects. This position can be based out of either location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design and 5-10 years of experience required; National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) licensure preferred
- Revit, and Microsoft Office proficiency required; SketchUp, Photoshop and BlueBeam a plus
- Ability to learn new software programs as needed
- Exceptional written, verbal, and graphic communication skills
- Personable with high level of energy and organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects occurring simultaneously
- A true collaborator and team player
- Reliable transportation (mileage/travel expenses will be reimbursed)
Interior Design Responsibilities
- Set up and manage all project files (with Office Manager), including desk-top reference binder with critical day-to-day information for projects where you are the lead contact or Project Manager.
- Complete independently and/or assist Principals with developing work task budgets, work plans and production schedules; provide regular
updates to Principals
- Prepare written correspondence including programming narrative, meeting memoranda, etc. and distribute to project team
- Conduct appropriate building code reviews & summarize applicable sections for special project requirements, mostly related to interior finishes
- Participate in survey of existing conditions and assist with establishing initial project goals & objectives with prospective Clients
- Field measure and prepare existing conditions drawings
- Conduct Programming and Space Planning activities
- Participate in regular Client design meetings
- Prepare Concept-level and Schematic Design documents
- Present design drawings in conjunction with or without Principal involvement
- Provide color, finish, and material research and selection assistance, including pricing information
- Obtain samples, prepare Material Sample Boards & other presentation materials and present options to Clients
- Assist Client with all decision making in conjunction with Principal where applicable
- Develop furniture plans, coordinate selections with Clients, develop RFP’s/ RFQ’s and negotiate pricing
- Conduct regular coordination and communication with outside consultants (i.e. Lighting Designer, etc.)
- Prepare and coordinate interiors-related Design Development & Construction Documents and direct/ coordinate with in-house technical staff
- Prepare Revit-Based Contract Documents in conjunction with other team members including millwork design and detailing
- Assist with development of Construction Specifications
- Maintain regular communication with Client(s) and Contractor(s), and act as daily liaison with Principal. Monitor project development schedule and advise Principal regarding status. Prepare & distribute the job correspondence.
- Assist with Construction Administration activities for interior related work (i.e. attend site meetings, maintain communication with Owner and Contractor, prepare and issue sketch clarifications, respond to RFI’s and PCO’s, review and assist Owner with outstanding material or finish decisions…)
- Attend and represent firm at regularly scheduled construction meetings and prepare / distribute Construction Meeting Memoranda
- Meet with local suppliers and showrooms and develop database of relevant showrooms for client referral
- Assist with on-going review and revisions to office CAD standards
- Build and maintain BLFR product and sample library
Business Development Responsibilities
- Contact professional network to introduce BLF&R relationship
- Regularly identify and monitor prospective leads and determine best methods for initial contact with Principals and BD Manager.
- Attend networking events as well as organize and attend 1 on 1 meetings to develop relationships with individuals and firms (approx. 1-2 meetings per month)
- Maintain historical relationships with business contacts via email, phone calls, or meetings over time.
- Provide regular, brief Facebook posts on BLF&R Interiors page
- Meet with prospective clients, with or without Principal or other design team members, and support overall marketing activities
- Assist Principal(s) or BD Manager with proposal development (i.e. write project understanding, assist in development of man hour budgets, fee estimates, etc.)
- Prepare for and participate in interviews with prospective Clients
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package including paid time off, health insurance, and 401k retirement plan.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and work samples in PDF format to: Kate@CapeArchitects.com
We are always interested in meeting talented people who share our interests and passion. Please feel free to submit your information below (along with a PDF or Word doc resume) and we’ll keep it on file in the event that a position matching your qualifications becomes available.