Thank you for your interest
in Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects.
Brown Lindquist Fenuccio & Raber Architects, a growing architectural firm with offices in Yarmouthport & Plymouth, seeks a FT Architectural CAD Technician that works on a wide range of commercial, civic, and residential projects.
Your Opportunity & Overview
BLF&R Architects is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time CAD Technician to join our growing firm. The person selected for this position will utilize their technical education and CAD skills to provide a wide range of architectural support work for various commercial, municipal and residential projects.
In addition to CAD design and drafting capabilities, the selected candidate will be highly organized and have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
This position may be located in either our Plymouth or Yarmouthport office. We consider this a growth opportunity for the right individual.
Your Core Capabilities
- Technical degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent architectural program
- Minimum 2 years experience with Revit
- High energy multi-tasking individual who will work on multiple project teams simultaneously and in a collaborative and courteous manner
- Work cooperatively with Principals, Project Managers and outside subconsultants
- Work independently for sustained periods of time in a professional, fast-paced environment
- Autodesk Revit, SketchUp & Photoshop proficiency/ Excel helpful
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- High degree of technical understanding of building assemblies and detailing for wood and steel framed buildings
- Ability to monitor own work flow against work/ time budget with project PM
Your Key Job Responsibilities
Subject to adjustment based upon firm work load and individual capabilities:
- Prepare conceptual, schematic and presentation level 2D and 3D design drawings in conjunction with Project Architect / Project Manager in Revit, SketchUp or Auto-CAD formats
- Assist with preparation of design development & construction drawings across all project sectors
- Field measure and preparation of highly accurate existing conditions drawings
- Meet with prospective clients in conjunction with Principals or Project Architects and support overall marketing activities (e.g. interview preparation/graphic support)
- Prepare programming and Space Use Tables in Excel spreadsheet format
- Prepare written project-specific correspondence including meeting memoranda and distribute to project team
- Assist with preparation of Zoning Use Summary Tables
- Attend regular coordination meetings with Project Manager and outside project sub-consultants (e.g. civil, structural, M/E/P, etc.)
- Maintain regular communication with Principals, Project Managers, client(s), contractors, etc.
- Conduct product specific research, obtain samples and specification data to assist Project Manager /Project Architect
- Assist with bidding and contractor selection processes
- Assist with construction administration activities (i.e. attend site meetings, distribute and review submittals, prepare and issue sketch clarifications)
- Attend and represent firm with Project Architect at construction meetings as requested
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package including paid time off, health insurance,
and 401k retirement plan. Please submit letter of interest, resume, and work samples (if appropriate) in PDF format to: Kate@CapeArchitects.com
We are always interested in meeting talented people who share our interests and passion. Please feel free to submit your information below (along with a PDF or Word doc resume) and we'll keep it on file in the event that a position matching your qualifications becomes available.